Cosmetia's Sustainability Programme
Sustainable development is defined as: “Development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
Sustainability integrates environmental, economic and social aspects of business to ensure a company is successful now and in the future.
- We have a holistic approach to sustainability taking in mind the product design, the safety and quality of the product in order to meet the consumer needs, our impact on the environment, the training and also the health and safety of our employees, the working environment, the production methods, the community education and involvement and our overall quality.
- We use renewable energy: Solar light, as we are located in Athens that has approximately 336 sunny days per year.
- We have a responsible sourcing policy for our raw materials. Our suppliers use green chemistry principles and support sustainable agriculture.
- We have minimum waste and impact to the environment.
- We use our resources - raw and packaging materials - effectively.
- We use the right packaging for each formulation that is recyclable.
- Our company is a member of the Hellenic Recovery Recycling Corporation (HERRCO).
- We manage our transportations taking in mind the miles, load utilization and frequency of deliveries.
- We have paperless office policy.
- We use eco-friendly and energy-save methods of production.
- We choose the right ingredients of our products as we have the know-how.
- We perform all the necessary tests when designing a product.
- We support minimalistic formulation. The right amount and combination of ingredients for the best performance, reducing consumers’ exposure to chemicals.
- We support local goods, staff and contractors.
- We create friendly working environment and good working conditions for our people.
- We have an up-to-date Health and Safety policy.
- We have high-skilled and motivated personnel.
- We support education regarding cosmetology as we make video lectures for the University of Athens.
- We collaborate with thriveglobal.gr writing articles about the well-being, efficiency and self-improvement.
- We monitor and audit our sustainability policy frequently in order to renew it if necessary.